Updated: June 2017
When motoring in a host country, it certainly pays to know the road rules to stir you clear from brushes with the law and, of course, as a matter of respect. Here’s it is. Post it in your Office or on your room wall. 24 black points – ban to drive in UAE.
1. Using hand-held mobile phone while driving or being distracted in any way. 800AED fine, 4 black points.
2. Failure for the driver to make all passengers in a car wear seat belts. 4ooAED fine, 4 black points
3. Not Stopping after causing an accident that resulted in injuries with a light vehicle. 500AED fine, 8 black points, and the vehicle will be impounded for 7 days.
4. Broken car lights or No lights at night while driving, it was 200AED per light before. Latest is 400AED, 6 black points.
5. Driver failing to stop when the bus drivers activate the stop sign. 1000AED, 10 black points.
6. Parking Vehicles on Pavement. 400AED fine.
7. Driving with One number plates, missing number plate, covered with dirt, or faded numbers on the plate. 400AED fine.