Many Filipinos became successful in this country (UAE) in establishing their career, business, passion and most of it, their love life.
I consider myself as one of the blessed Pinay Expat here in Dubai. I may not be that successful in other things but at least I found the person that I would like to be with forever.
Planning the wedding is a bit stressful and tiring but all are worth it. I remember we are confused if we will pursue our wedding here in Dubai or in the Philippines.
After consulting our parents and weighing things we ended up marrying here in Dubai, requirements are easy but you need to be a little patient in waiting for the process.
1. Authenticated (Red Ribbon) Certificate of No Marriage / CENOMAR
( Note: This is valid for 6 months only from the date of issuance and it must be issued “For Marriage Purposes)
2. Original DFA – Authentication (Red Ribbon) NSO Birth certificate for the Bride and Groom
3. Copies of passport & UAE residence visa of Bride and Groom
4. Copies of passport & UAE residence visa of witnesses
5.Two latest passport size colored photos of Bride and Groom
Additional requirements if;
1. For the applicant above 21 years old, but below 25 years old. Authenticated (Red Ribbon) of Affidavit of Parental Advice /Consent.
2. For the applicant between 18 years old and 21 years old, authenticated (Red Ribbon) Affidavit of Parental Consent. ( If the parents are based in UAE, their personal appearance at the Consulate is a must to execute affidavit of parental consent and advice, passport & visa page copies are required)
3. For annulled applicant, authenticated (Red Ribbon) Annotated Marriage Contract or Certificate, authenticated Court’s Decision and authenticated (Red Ribbon) Certificate.
4. Finality, authenticated (Red Ribbon) Advisory on Marriage (with ‘For Marriage Purposes)
5. For the widow applicant, submit authenticated (Red Ribbon) Death Certificate and authenticated (Red Ribbon) Marriage Contract.
- Fill up the application form for Marriage License/Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage (Must be typed or computerized in CAPITAL letters)
- Fill up the forms for Joint Affidavit of Witnesses to a marriage and Announcement for Marriage.
- Submit these forms along with the above requirements based on your situation.
- Once all documents are completed. The applicant will choose their wedding date based on the available schedule.
- Proceed to the cashier for payment (accepted currency is in Dirhams)
- Attendance to Pre-Marriage Counselling Seminar is a must (Certificate will be issued)
- Marriage Section is open from Sunday to Thursday except for holidays applicable for (Philippines and UAE declared holidays)
- Opens from 08:00am to 03:30pm
- No Submission on Thursday to give way to marriage ceremonies
- Proceed to cashier for payment of AED340.00
- Wedding appointment is on a First Come First Served Basis
The Philippine Embassy and Consulate General officiate marriages between Filipinos only, If the other party is not a Filipino, the marriage can be consummated at the courts or in the consulate or embassy of the non-Filipino bride or groom.
For more information and details needed please visit the website: www.dubaipcg.dfa.gov.ph
Source: Essential OFW Guide to UAE (Gulf Law)