Chicken Liver Adobo it is Yummy, Healthy, Easy and Quick to Prepare
Chicken Liver Adobo, yummy and healthy!
I was 18 when the importance of eating chicken liver introduced to me. I was diagnosed with PCOS that time and always on high irregular bleeding, one of the Doctor’s prescription is to eat chicken liver.
Thanks to my Aunt who makes an effort to make it special as I was really having a hard time eating it. The taste was awful for me, but with her good technique, I just found myself easily eating it as time pass by.
Benefits of Liver
- Great source of active Vitamin A
- Good source of protein
- High in vitamin B6, biotin and folate
- Great food for fertility & during pregnancy
- Helps with detoxification & supporting liver function
- Rich in iron, helping anemia prevention
- Load with vitamins B12
Most experts recommend eating liver about one to three times a week. Eating a large amount of it is not necessary to get the benefits of it though, what matters is to have it regularly. Small serving for about one to four ounces, eaten several times per week gives the important nutrients. Ideally to have about 100-200 grams of liver per week.
There are different ways to cook chicken liver, but my most favorite style is Adobo style.
Let me share with you guys how I simply prepare my Chicken Liver Adobo in an easy and quick way.
- Chicken Liver
- Soy sauce
- Sugar, Salt
- I prefer to marinate it for at least 12 hours before cooking it
- Saute the garlic, onions in a frying pan with a little oil
- Then, place the liver, saute it for 10 minutes
- Gradually add the marinated sauce to boil for another 10-15 minutes, accordingly adjust the taste by adding salt, sugar, vinegar
- Add the chili and Toasted Garlic (optional – but since I love spicy food, adding chili makes it perfect)
- Serve with rice and you can now enjoy your healthy chicken liver adobo
Do you love this food? Share your style in preparing it so we can try it too…