Sisig on a Budget, Try the Century Tuna Sisig Recipe
Craving for Sisig, but you are on a budget or don’t have enough time to prepare it? Try the Century Tuna Sisig recipe.
During this COVID lockdown, a lot of our fellow Filipino whether in the Philippines or abroad are trying to invent different practical meals. In fact, a lot of canned good recipes are floating all over the social media platforms. Some are really creative and gives a lot of twists in their menu that makes everyone smile at this sad crisis.
Sardines are the number one choice for making varieties of meals.
Same with here abroad, we are really having a hard time on what to cook daily as our movement is limited as well. I am relying on the google search to get some practical meal ideas.
Then, I saw this recipe from Panlasang Pinoy, which I found interesting.
How come this style never came to my imagination in terms of cooking? it is the Century Tuna Sisig
It looks great and yummy! so, I run to the kitchen and check if I have canned tuna in the pantry. Perfect I still have 4 pieces, I decided to try it on.
And here you go our tasty lunch this afternoon, the Sisig Century Tuna with toasted garlic.
My ingredients are not the same as in my source, some of those are not available in my stock.
- Century Tuna (better for spicy, but my stock is the flakes in oil)
- Garlic Mayo
- Plain Mayonaise
- Egg (optional)
- Drain the tuna before frying
- Fry the tuna in 1 tablespoon of oil until it turns medium brown or bit toasted
- Remove from pan
- Mix all together with the tuna, freshly chopped onions (I only have the red one), chili
- Add the garlic mayonnaise (since I don’t have the garlic powder) + the plain mayonnaise 1 teaspoon each
- Drop of soy sauce
- Mix it all well
- Then saute again for 1 minute (my style as I don’t have the sizzling plate)
- Garnish it with toasted garlic on top and egg
And surprise! You can now have your Tuna Sisig in a minute.
Hubby and I enjoy our meal together, the taste is good, ideal for sisig alternative. This will be surely added on my list of Easy Menu for a busy working lady like me.
Enjoy your meal guys and keep safe.