Learn the 5P’s to be successful in Corporate Events Management Field.
Corporate Events Management Learn how to be successful in this field.
Do you you need to be a genius to work in Corporate Events Management company
Lights, camera, action! These are the words that I always imagine the moment I stepped into my work station.
Sounds as if I am an actress? No, I’m not
Instead, I am working in a company that handles corporate events. But why do I need those signals? simply because I am considering myself as an actress at work. I am not crazy or weird I just need to ensure that like an actress who made sure that she is portraying her character at her best level. I need to be best as well in performing my role as Events Specialists.
As a human, obviously there are times that I get emotional and exhausted. But no matter how problematic or in pain I am, I keep on telling myself that my personal issues should not affect my work performance by all means.
In the time I press the “time in button” at my work, my full devotion to working for 8-9 hours should be there. That is the moment of Action!
People describe my work as either fun, hard, or look complicated. Many are curious if they need to be an expert to be part of our team.
Being part of this industry for many years, I could say that our job is not actually hard. For me, this job is actually simple and can be done by anyone. Yup! you read this right, you don’t need to be a genius, or possess tons of experience to be a successful part of the events department.
For me, more than the knowledge, having the below characteristic is more important to be successful in Corporate Events Management. Learn the 5P’s you should know;
PLAN: This is basic for everything. No proper planning equals poor quality.
- You should be the type of person who loves to plan the day ahead of time. The events department is like a supermarket. Busy, noisy and there are always lots of new tasks to be done. If you will not take the planning seriously, the risk of forgetting small important details might happen. Never underestimate the planning importance.
- In an events management company, there are no words such as “small details” Instead, we always see details as “All Details are Matters”
POSITIVE: Ability to change the Negative to Positive
- Expect and accept that no matter how good you are in planning there will always be that small stone waiting for you to stumble. There will be always an incident that will ruin the perfect plan.
The moment it happens you should think quickly and focus on the things that need to be done.
Don’t waste your energy thinking about why and how those bad things happened. Instead what matters is to change the negative things to Positive.
- The negative situation should not affect your mood. Always think that the goal of events organizer is to “provide a successful event for the client”
PATIENT: To be applied not only to the clients but most especially to our teammates, colleague, and bosses.
Most of our corporate event clients have a lot of demands, they are tough and strict. Simple inquiries may lead to a complicated topic. And even that all plans for their event are already set, and have been finalized there will always changes at the last minute.
Imagine the pressure, toxic, and anxieties that their sudden change will give to the whole events team? The bosses will start pressuring the whole team to make the impossible possible. That change is not simple at all, it means another long intricate work, we might need to do new research from the start. All of us in the team should extend our patience to one another to achieve the target calmly and in a professional manner. Because of the ability to extend our patience, we could save our good relationship not just with our clients but most importantly with colleagues, and bosses.
PICKY: Find the flaws in that most beautiful piece.
This is a challenge for a person who is kind and easy to appreciate things. In the events management company, your personal preference or appreciation to the result of hard work is not important. Instead, we need to be sure that all our recommendations to our clients should be always the best pick. Whether it is the target venue, design, or theme.
Always ask yourself this point when giving recommendations. It maybe looks good for you, but would it be the “best” for the client’s view?
PASSIONATE: the passion is like the fuel of a car, no matter how beautiful that car it would be useless without fuel.
We cannot give our best in all the works we are doing if we are not passionate about it. If providing the best, quality work to our company is by heart and passions we would surely be successful in every of our chosen fields.
- Working in events departments looks simple as you are mainly in the office and in front of your computer. But it is full of pressure, actions, and stressful days, during those moments your passions will push you to continue…..
I think whether if you would like to work in an events company or whatever industry, the above 5p’s would be helpful for you to be the best in your chosen career path.
The firm I worked for is Ahead Technology & Events
(Photos are not mine, copied from google image)